This is CPE-College for Potential with Excellence/NAAC Re-Accredited / STAR COLLEGE and multi-faculty postgraduate women college in Distt. Gurdaspur affiliated to GNDU, Amritsar and we have an efficient IQAC since its inception in 2005. The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
Ten Action Points for Internal Quality Assurance Cells
1. Designing and implementing Annual Plans for institution-level activities for quality enhancement.
2. Arrange for feedback responses from students for quality-related institutional processes.
3. Development and application quality for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
4. Retrieval of information on various quality parameters of higher education and best practices followed by other institutions.
5. Organization of workshops and seminars on quality-related themes and promotion of quality circles and institution-wide dissemination of the proceedings of such activities.
6. Development and application of innovative practices in various programmes / activities leading to quality enhancement.
7. Participation in the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education.
8. Work for the development of internalization and institutionalization of quality enchancement policies and practices.
9. Act as a nodal unit of the institution for augmenting quality-related activities.
10. Prepare focused Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs.)
IQAC ensures following in the college:
• The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
• Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
• Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
• The credibility of evaluation procedures
• Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
• Research sharing and networking with other institutions.
• Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
• Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
• Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
• Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
• Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
• Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
• Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
• Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC